Andarkilla Shahi Jame Masjid. In a period of twelve months of the conquest (1667 CE) of Chatgaon Buzurg Umed Khan began constructing the masjid on the highest point of a cliff in the regions of the vanquished stronghold following the command of Nawab Amir al-Umara.
It portrays a common three dome Mughal masjid of the Shaista Khani Style. The very first medieval engineering in Subah Bangalah, constructed on a cliff and had remained essentially a Mughal Triumph Monument in Chittagong from that point forward. It looked over this medieval port city from a significant distance. It was noticeable from an advancing vessel on the river Karnafuli as a significant segment of construction of the town. The blind spot arches were set on curved vaults and was detectable only from the rooftop. The distinct component is extraordinary in the constructive legacy of Bangalah.
Kadam Mubarak Masjid is situated at Jamalkhan and constructed in 1156 AH/1723 CE. The surrounding district of this masjid is known as Kadam Mubarak, receiving the title from the two blessed imprints on a secured stone in a room adjacent to the prayer hall of the masjid. One of the exquisite segments of Mughal engineering constructed in Subah Bangalah.
The rectangular masjid, roofed with more than three arches and two vaults, is constructed on a raised stage set apart by four standing octagonal three-level towers at cardinal positions, the peak of each being inducted with cupola and finial. From an engraving, it has been established that Muhammad Yasin, a native founder, constructed this masjid during the rule of Mughal Emperor Muhammad Shah. Its rectangular prayer chamber has a doorway each on its northern and southern flank. The prayer chamber has a three-domed rooftop and the doorways are secured with vaulted rooftops. The qibla dividers of the doorways are additionally decorated with mihrabs.
Holy Footprint on a stone, secured in a room connected to the prayer hall of the Kadam Mubarak Masjid, is situated at Jamalkhan.
Bayazid Bostami Masjid is situated at Nasirabad. There is an elliptical three-domed masjid at the foot of the tomb-hill. Legend has it that Saint Bayazid was a ruler of Bostam in Khorasan. He gave up the lavish lifestyle and embraced a somber life. He came to Chittagong accompanied by twelve followers. However, the ruling emperor of fairies and genii was against their entry. Bayazid modestly requested their consent to stay that night and inhabited a small portion of the ground to ignite a terracotta lamp, commonly referred to as chati. The light arising from this astonishing lamp went far and wide and made the wicked spirits vanish. According to history, it is believed that the spot named Chatigrama or Chatgaon attained its title from this occasion. The old framework of the tomb was found in 1831 CE on a hill in a sealed compound. This was later exchanged with the latest framework.
Bostami turtle live in a lake commonly known as Bayazid Bostami Pukur on the foot of a hill of the sanctuary at Nasirabad. The residents of Chittagong referred to these turtles by the name of Gadali-Madali and presumed it to be unearthly animals. They had been diminished to their turtle form when they defied Saint Bayazid and as a result, suffered his fury